Early Childhood Programming
The Early Head Start program serves children 0-3 and sets the foundation for academic success. It provides a safe, nurturing, and stable environment that fosters an early love of learning. High quality services address the physical, social and emotional development of young children.
- Height, weight, vision, dental and hearing screenings
- Developmental assessments
- Vocabulary building
- Reading readiness
Elementary school programming is focused in the summer and during after-school enrichment times. The the focus is on getting students to the 3rd grade reading level.
Programming leverages best practices and data driven outcomes in areas of:
- Social-emotional learning
Teen Programming – Coming Soon!
Teen programming serves middle and high school students from neighborhood families who are also dealing with gaps in education and social-emotional development.
The focus on life skills includes:
- Team work
Adult Guardians/Caregivers – Coming Soon!
Caregivers of children participating in DBC programming have a broad set of needs. DBC is in the process of starting an adult-driven curriculum.
Curriculum to address:
- Parenting education
- Professional soft skills (Interviewing, resume building, professional development)
- Computer skills (MS Office, internet)
- Nutrition (how to prepare healthy meals that match the food distribution offerings)